Retired Police Officer - RPO
P.O. Box 7068
West Trenton, New Jersey 08628-0068
609-882-2000 Extension 2290 (Phone)
To obtain a Renewal Retired Police Officer Identification Card, please follow these instructions. Failure to follow this process
will delay your application process. Do not submit a renewal application prior to four (4) months before the date of expiration.
Submitted applications prior will not be accepted or processed and will be returned to the applicant. PLEASE ensure that all
questions on form S.P. 232A are answered. Any incomplete forms / packages will be returned.
The RENEWAL application will include the following in completion of PART I only:
- Block #8 on form S.P. 232A is the four digit municipal code in the New Jersey
municipality where you reside. If this is unknown, contact you local authority for the correct information.
- Block #13 State Bureau of Identification number (SBI) must be entered .
- Complete Part One ONLY of a Consent For Mental Health Records Search, form S.P. 66
(Rev. 01/15) & submit with application. Sign the form and have any adult sign as a witness. Investigating Police Dept., print
"New Jersey State Police, F.I.U. / RPO" Parts 2 & 3 MUST be left blank.
- Applicant must be current with the required retired law enforcement firearms training record requirement.
Applicants who are not in compliance with the requirement will not be allowed to renew their carrying permit
until such time that they demonstrate compliance with the requirement explained in the initial application process above.
- PHOTOGRAPHS- Per the Superintendent of the State Police, this yearly requirement has been waived, unless you feel
that your appearance has changed since your last application. If so, then you must submit two (2) passport type photographs.
Applicants must be photographed in civilian attire only, without wearing a hat or sunglasses. NO EXCEPTIONS.
(Photographs must be “passport style," 2 inch x 2 inch with a light background and labeled with name and
social security number on the back of each photograph).
- Application Fee - $50.00 (Annually). Payable to "Superintendent of State Police" in the form of a personal check
or money order.
Back | Top